Table of Contents
The Parcel Area Table Report with Grouping by Description by civil+plus® (for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®) allows you to create a parcel area table where parcels are arranged in alphabetically sorted groups based on the Parcel Entity Description. Within each group the Name of the parcel is listed, along with the area in both Hectares and Acres. A group subtotal for both area columns is provided if more than one parcel is in a group; if only one parcel exists in the group, no subtotal is shown for that group. At the bottom of the report a total area for all groups is given for each column.
The properties of one of the sample parcels in the dataset used to generate the above report document are shown below:
NOTE: this report will return the correct units regardless of the current drawing units settings – it will automatically adjust for m, US Ft, Int. Ft.
This report supports custom logos. To specify your own logo for inclusion in your reports, save the image to a file called ‘logo.png’ and place it in the report installation directory as shown below:
NOTE: Admin permissions may be required to replace this file.
- Open the AutoCAD Civil 3D ToolSpace pane and expand the nodes to find this report, as shown below.
- Once the proper report node has been found, either: right-click and select ‘execute’, or just double click…
- If the report has not yet been activated, you will be prompted for activation…provide the code given in your order receipt email.
- After successfully verifying an activated license for this report, the application will open the ‘Run Report’ dialog:
- From here, you may either: show a ‘preview’ of the report, or insert it directly to the DWG.
- If you show a preview, you will be able to: print, export as a PDF, XLSX, etc.
- If you insert to the DWG, you will have the option of inserting to model space or one of the various paper space layouts in your active drawing.
The Run Report Dialog allows you to specify query and selection set options for running a report in addition to options for inserting the report to a DWG (including pagination, layout, etc):
Queries are defined on the ‘Root Queries’ sub-tab of the ‘Set Queries’ tab.
To specify a selection set to apply your query options to, use the selection set field. This field has 3 command buttons:
- Shows a drop down list of all items of the targeted type in the current DWG (as shown above)
- Clears the selection set
- Allows you to graphically select items from the DWG
If you leave your selection set empty, the query will execute against ALL entities in the DWG; if you specify even one item, the query will run against only those item(s) contained in the selection set.
You may specify values to use as filters for the various properties listed. The filter values specified will be used in constructing the query which is executed against the selection set to determine which entities contribute to a report. To allow any value for a given property, use an asterisk (‘*’) as a wildcard; to allow only those entities with a specific value for a property, enter the literal text value for that property, or use a combination of a partial value with a wildcard to search for all similar values (e.g. ‘ABC*’ will match ‘ABC’, ‘ABC123’, ‘ABCD’, etc.)
This report contains a parameter which allows you to specify the title of the report – this may be set using the ‘Report Parameters’ sub-tab:
This report does not contain any reference queries, however, for general information on all tabs please consult the General Help file for Compiled Reports .
The options tab enables you to control how a report will insert into a DWG. You may control such properties as layer, scale, pagination (single continuous page or paginated), multi-page layout options, etc.
When you are done setting the queries, options, etc, you can execute and render a report using one of two options:
- Preview the report (see below).
- Insert the report to a DWG
If you choose to insert to DWG, you can click on the pull-down list on the ‘Insert to DWG’ button to access a list of workspaces to insert to, including model space and all of your layouts defined in the currently active DWG file.
NOTE: Reports will always be executed against the currently active DWG file.
When you click the ‘Preview’ button in the Run Report dialog, the report will be executed and rendered to a document. This document is then shown in the Preview dialog:
This dialog allows you to do the following:
- Save/Open rendered report documents
- Print, Print Preview, adjust layout, etc.
- Adjust the report background color
- Apply a watermark to the report
- Export the document to various forms, including:
- Email the document in any of the several formats available for exporting using your default email application.